Pages

Saturday, September 25, 2010

Mount Timpanogos

For those of you who don’t know where Mt. Timpanogos is, it’s in Utah County, it’s the second highest mountain in the Uintah Range, the 47th most prominent mountain in the contiguous United States.  15 miles up and back.  My dad has hiked it over 25 times.  He has taken each of my siblings to the top at least once.  I hiked it with him when I was 8 or 9.  I remember it being one of the hardest things I have ever done.  001I tried again in high school with friends and made it to the lake.  From there you can see the summit, and it was just too daunting.  I have been determined to hike it again for a long time.  I convinced my sister that she should do it with me.  My dad is always a willing hiker, and my mom and other sister were willing to watch my kids all day, so off we went!  We actually did better than we expected and made it to the top in 5 hours, without any major stops.  It was absolutely amazing at the top.  on top of the sense of accomplishment from making it to the top, it feels like you are on top of the world.  I took so many pictures, but really, they don’t do it justice.  IMG_0057Utah County from the top:IMG_0068Deer Creek?  IMG_0056I look Asian because of the wind.  It was brutal at the top! IMG_0073I am so glad that Amber was able to do it with me.  DSC02417-1IMG_0061Ambers camera 249Ambers camera 250“I’m the king of the world!”  Nerdy, I know. Ambers camera 252Coming back down.  Were we really just up there?  Ambers camera 213It was so beautiful and peaceful up there!IMG_0088Ambers camera 265 We had some friends hiking along with us:DSC02396-1We saw 3-4 mama goats with their babies.  So cute! DSC02409-1And we made it!  I still kind of can’t believe we made it.  I would do it again in a heartbeat though.  Anyone up for next year?DSC02423-1

3 comments:

TForster said...

So that's Utah Lake, not Deer Creek, just letting you know :)
That's a really cool picture of the mountain goats!!!

Linda said...

I was talking about the picture below it. I don't remember if Dad said it was Deer Creek or Jordanelle. I know where Utah Lake is :).

TForster said...

Well I feel stupid now :)