Pages

Friday, August 10, 2007

Fair Friday

Mike's dad is in town, so we thought we would show him what Wisconsin is all about. What better place to do this than the state fair? All the best of Milwaukee showcased in one fantastic location. My favorite booth was Dr. Vegetable's--deep fried vegetables. That's right, cauliflower, broccoli, even pickles! People here will do anything to make food taste better with more fat. Ice cream not rich enough for you? Let's add some more cream and eggs and call it custard! You like hot dogs? Try a brat! Maybe it has something to do with survival, we all have to pack on a couple extra pounds to survive the 10 months of winter.
Anyways, Carter loved the animals, I loved the food, and Samantha just enjoyed being anywhere with air conditioning. Mike got a big kick out of my choice of location for feeding Samantha (hey--it was a quiet, shady spot!).
I'll be honest, I mostly went for the food. Nothing beats a fresh corn dog, followed by some roasted corn and fresh french fries. Yum! I probably gained 5 pounds today. It was worth it, though. We all had a great time, and I think we wore Grandpa out as much as we wore Carter out!

After the fair, a nap and dinner we went swimming at Grandpa's hotel. It was Samantha's first time swimming and Mike bought her swimsuit. So cute! Overall, we had a fun, full day, and I am exhausted!

This is Samantha at 11:00 pm when she is supposed to be asleep (she doesn't know that apparently): I love her crazy hair. I really do try to make it look nice, but within minutes it's all sticking up again.

On another note, I finished Harry Potter today. I am a little bit sad that it is over and there are no more. It was a good ending, I won't give it away, but I am excited for Mike to finally finish it so that I can talk about it!

1 comments:

Miriam said...

you make the fair sound so exciting, I'm sad we missed it! Next year definately.