Pages

Friday, November 2, 2012

11 years down…

Mike and I celebrated our 11th anniversary today.  Holy Moly.  I can’t believe it’s been that long. It's flown by.  We are lucky enough to have 2 of my sisters here with us to babysit, so Mike took the day off and we had a super romantic day.  We started off by cleaning up the house a little, took care of a few little projects and then went to lunch.  Then we ran a few errands, came home and fed Adam and went to dinner.  We topped off the evening with a steamy trip to Target to check out the Halloween clearance. Next year we won’t have a baby and maybe we’ll plan something a little nicer.  It was nice to just spend some alone time with Mike, even if we were just running errands.  He’s been so busy lately with work that we don’t see a lot of each other and we rarely get time without any kids. 

We were talking about the past 11 years over lunch and we have faced some pretty big challenges and made it through some pretty rough times.  But we’ve stood together and they have made us stronger.  We have had some pretty great times as well, and I hope that the next 11 years holds a lot more good times than bad.  But no matter what comes our way, there is no one I would rather be standing by than Mike.  He is the best husband I could ask for. He puts up with and even supports my random eccentricities and obsessions.  He is an awesome dad and takes his job as a protector and provider very seriously.  I’m one lucky girl!

00000332

4 comments:

Miranda said...

Congratulations! And I love that picture.

Nicki said...

You look beautiful! Congrats!

Jessica said...

Awe..you do look beautiful! Congratulations!

Tamara said...

I love this post, it warms my heart. You two really are a good team. And ya look good too. I love this picture!!