Pages

Sunday, October 9, 2011

June in October

That’s right.  I’m going down memory lane here.  It’s been a while, but I feel like I haven’t had a lot of free time lately.  I’m not going to lie, teaching seminary is a lot more time intensive than I thought it would be.  It’s so good for me, but it’s a lot of work to prepare a lesson every day.  With that and catching up on the last 6 seasons of Friday Night Lights, blogging has fallen to the bottom of the list.  But there are things that I want included in my blog book at the end of the year, so I’m going to recap. 

 

First, the start of the summer. Carter and Samantha had such great teachers.  It was hard to say goodbye.  I teared up a little when I said goodbye to Ms. Jones.  She was Carter’s teacher for 2 years, and then Samantha’s for k3.  After seeing her everyday for 3 years, I was sad to say goodbye.  I’m just hoping she’s still around when it’s Ben’s turn to go to school.  IMG_0490Carter’s teacher was so good for him.  He had a great kindergarten year and he still talks about her.  Mrs. Stuppan pushed him to work harder and be better, and he did so well in her class.  They had a little graduation program for the class at the end of the year.  I didn’t realize what a big deal it was (flowers, balloons, gifts, the whole 9 yards) and forgot my camera, so I ended up with nothing but a few iPhone pictures.  I’ll do better for the real thing.  IMG_0497Here he is with his best friend Isaiah and another girl I had never met before that day.  Look how proud they are of their “diplomas”.  So cute.   IMG_0496

Apparently not much else picture-worthy happened in June.  Stay tuned for July and our Yellowstone trip.  And I promise, there will be some more entertaining posts in the near future. 

0 comments: