Pages

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

We Survived!

We had quite the storm last night!  It had been talked up for a few days – “the storm of the decade”, “snowmageddon”, you get the idea.  We were supposed to get up to 20 inches or so of snow.  They were saying that if you go out on the roads, make sure to have a survival kit because if/when you got stranded, you wouldn’t get help for a while. 

The wind was insane last night and before we went to bed we saw lightening and heard thunder, which typically means that it’s going to dump.  So imagine our surprise when we went out this morning and saw this: DSC_0152The driveway was almost all cleared!  The wind had just blown it away.   Oh, wait.  The wind dropped it all here:

DSC_0141And here.  You can’t see it very well, but that drift running across the front lawn, sidewalk and driveway is at least 4 feet deep.  DSC_0144 What happened to the snow blower?  I guess it doesn’t work quite as well when the snow is 3 times taller than it is. 

DSC_0175

DSC_0172

Mike spent an hour and a half clearing snow.  I spent another 2.  Where is the masseuse when you need one?   DSC_0182

I started running out of places to put the snow at the end.  Luckily, it’s not supposed to snow again until this weekend. Wait, why do we live here again?

DSC_0178

2 comments:

Kristi said...

Holy crap, Linda! I think I would die! I'm telling ya, you need to come to Cali. We had temps in the 80's a few weeks ago. I wore shorts.

Unknown said...

I'll bite my tongue next time I complain about Utahs weather. You'll look like a body builder if you keep shoveling snow like that!