Pages

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Invited you are…

To take a glimpse into the coolest birthday party a six year old could ever ask for.  Seriously, it was fabulous.  I’d like to think that all of the kids left happy.  DSC_0001As they arrived for their Jedi training, they were given proper Jedi attire.  Carter and Samantha modeled them for me.  We all know that half of what makes an outfit is the attitude.  These kids seem to have that part taken care of.  DSC_0005Every Jedi needs a light saber, right?  These Jedis needed non-lethal ones, so they got to decorate their own foam versions.    DSC_0003After using the Force to pin the light saber on the Jedi, they went to the basement to hone their light saber skills by keeping balloons up in the air with them.  That was when this very modern looking droid came to them with a message from Princess Leah.  This had to be their favorite part.  They got to go on a scavenger hunt to find Princess Leah (AKA Samantha).  DSC_0007They found her being held captive in the guest bedroom by a storm trooper.  After storming the room, they showed that storm trooper who was boss.  DSC_0016That would be Mike in the fetal position.  Surprising how much damage a big blob of duct tape at the end of one of these can do.  Note to self for next time – use tissue paper.  The boys kept asking if they could go find Princess Leah again.  Mike wasn’t so keen on the idea.  Go figure.  DSC_0018This was my version of the Death Star.  Ok, I have a confession to make here.  Are you ready for this?  I’ve never actually seen Star Wars.  I’ve seen bits and pieces, but not enough to know what the Death Star is actually supposed to look like.  In the end I painted it too dark, but Carter was appeased when I made the laser thing grey.  Regardless of the final product I feel that I deserve an “A+” for effort.  And don’t mind that old mattress in the background.  We’ll get rid of it one day.  For now the kids jump on it sometimes.  DSC_0019Carter picked his cake from Sam’s Club.  It was delicious, but I think I probably could have whipped up something that looked at least as good.  DSC_0033Oh well, it did the job.  As far as I know, all of his birthday wishes came true.  And then some.  DSC_0038-1And here are the sugar-high Jedis at the end of the night. DSC_0041-1

I was absolutely exhausted at the end of the night.  Mentally and physically.  It was worth it, but I think Samantha will have a nice quiet tea party for her birthday. 

0 comments: