Pages

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Broken

I don’t know what it is with my kids, but they seem to have issues with their bones.  I haven’t ever broken more than my toe, and yet 2 of my kids have managed to break something. 

DSC_0074Samantha was climbing over the gate we had up to keep Ben out of the bathroom and she fell on her arm.   She had been overly dramatic all day, so I didn’t think much about it when she cried about it.  She wasn’t screaming or anything.  So we put her to bed and said we would watch it. The next morning she said it still hurt and she wasn’t using that arm, so Mike took her into for X-rays after dropping me and Ben off at the airport.  It was so hard for me to not be there for her.  It turns out that it wasn’t even really broken, more of a buckle because her bones are still so flexible.  She was put in a soft cast (which FYI only come in white) which we get to take off this Friday after only 3 weeks.  It’s a good thing it’s so soon, because it’s hard to keep this girl out of the dirt and water! 

I am just hoping that we are done with this whole cast thing, because I am soooo over it. 

2 comments:

January said...

What a tuff cookie you have!

Forster pack said...

Dang it, so sorry it's kinda broke. That's me practicing my montana talk. Hope she feels better and can play in the water soon.