Pages

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Fondue and Mandu

One of the benefits of carrying my babies so low is that I never have problems eating while pregnant (good for my taste buds, not so great for the scale, but whatever).  Anyways, this has been a week of some seriously delicious food.  Last week Carter and I decided to try these recipes from the food network.  The ginger pear tea was a little different, but the Yaki Mandu and the lettuce wraps were absolutely fabulous.  The lettuce wraps were sooo easy and they turned out so flavorful, we will definitely be making them again and often.  Even the kids loved the Yaki Mandu.  It was pretty funny hearing Samantha ask for more “yucky andu” over and over.  I would definitely recommend giving them a try.  Yum-O. 

As for the fondue…my friend’s husband is out of town for work, so set up a girl’s night out at the Melting Pot.  I have never been, mostly because it usually costs a lot, but they have a girl’s night out deal for $15.  Wow.  I am still thinking about it.  We left so happy and full.   I have to find some of those recipes.  The spinach artichoke cheese was soooo good…  We did get some pictures, but not on my camera. So for now, you get your imagination and this…

As for baby Ben, no news.  My pelvis hurts so bad today that I can hardly walk, and I only see it getting worse until he comes out.  I keep telling myself that it won’t be more than 2 weeks.  The 15th is my personal deadline for him to come.  Now if someone could tell him that…

1 comments:

S-T.E.C.H. said...

Hooray for term babies!! Jealous me! Although they all say that if I had gone to term I would have had a 10 pounder....ouch!! Wishing you the best and Spence says it is quite nice out here...if a little bit louder....Love you!