Pages

Sunday, July 14, 2013

Sammy’s 6!

DSC_0299This sweet girl had a birthday during my little blogging hiatus.  Where did this adorable little toddler go? DSC_0111Or this tiny thing?DSCN1632-1

We do friend parties on even years, so she got one this year. We did it at Yo Mama’s – a frozen yogurt shop.  Best. decision. ever.  We showed up at ten, did our thing, and then we left.  No set up, no clean up, no making food, nothing. It was amazing.  The girls got to decorate aprons, toured the kitchen, ate frozen yogurt and then Sammy opened gifts.  It was great. 

Samantha has really been such a special part of our family.  She plays so well with Carter or Ben, although her and Carter are really close.  One of my favorite memories was last year during kinderfest (the German equivalent of field day) the whole school was out doing different activities.  In spite of all their friends being there, they found each other and hung out all afternoon.  She does this sweet thing with Ben where she will put her arm around him when they walk together.  She really is the glue that holds the kids together.  She is so sweet and helpful with Adam.  She is my little girlfriend who loves getting her nails done, but at the same time, she puts up a mean light saber fight and can play baseball just as well as the boys.  She has recently found some sass that I could do without, but otherwise she is such a good girl.  It’s so fun to have another girl around to share girly things with.  I really wish that I could have given her a sister, and I’m sad that it’s not in the cards for her, but I am so grateful that I got at least one girl.  We have been so blessed by her sweet spirit!

0 comments: