Pages

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Packer Mania

I guess we figured that since it looks like we are going to be here in Wisconsin indefinitely, we should probably hop on the Packer wagon.  It’s a pretty big wagon, so it wasn’t hard.  People here love their Packers.  And I’m not just talking casually.  It’s an obsession for many. 

It all started with the annual Chaplin Super Bowl party.  It’s pretty easy to cheer for a winning team, right?

DSC_0183DSC_0184

I taught the kids a cheer:  “We are the Packers, we are the best and we will conquer!” 

From there it kind of snowballed: Top.bmp

Mike’s dad, Jim, had the opportunity to spend the month of March in Milwaukee for work.  One of the things he wanted to see while he was out here was Lambeau Field.  We’ve never really been, so we jumped at the chance.   My sister Amber was lucky enough to be in town for the blessed event.  DSC03677During the tour you get to go through the tunnel that the Packers come out of on game day.  They have a recording of the announcer and the game day crowd playing as you go through.  DSC03704The frozen tundra:DSC03705DSC_0125DSC_0128Aren’t we a photogenic bunch? DSC_0139We struggle sometimes.DSC_0134You can’t leave this girl alone for one minute…DSC_0149DSC_0178I think a couple of other Packer Fans were made that day as well.  Jim’s Milwaukee office gave him a bunch of Packers loot as a parting gift. And although she’s required to be a 49er’s fan by marriage, I know secretly Amber now holds the green and gold near and dear to her heart.  DSC_0078We stopped at 5 guys on the way up to Green Bay.   Yum!  We love that place.  I think if I had to pick one food to live off of for the rest of my life it would be french fries.  Yes, I know that would be a short life.   I shorty but a goodie!DSC_0103DSC_0085DSC_0091

Go Pack Go!

1 comments:

Patten Family said...

Welcome to the official Packer Backer Family! Haha. But if you are going to call yourself a "true wisconsinite" at heart, you are supposed to say Cheese is the food of choice forever! Lol. Glad you got to go to Lambeau; now its time for a game! That's a REAL experience!