Pages

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Winter is here!

Ok, so it has been for a while now.  It actually didn’t snow here until December 4 this year, which is fine by me.  There wasn’t much snow then and there still isn’t.  We’ve only had to shovel 3 times so far, and haven’t even started the snow blower.  After the last few years, I will definitely take the break.  The kids were excited about it though and couldn’t wait to get out and play in it.  I wish I could still get so excited about snow.  I guess it all changes when you have to get rid of said snow.  DSC_0051DSC_0063Is it just me or is he just the cutest thing ever when he’s being sweet?DSC_0060DSC_0062Even Ben got all marshmallowed out and went out for a minute.  DSC_0068But he preferred to watch from inside.  DSC_0058Afterwards, we finally got our tree put up.  I really try to love that tree, but every time we get the ornaments out and the kids start grabbing at everything and breaking things I just get frustrated and want to put it all away.  That’s the Grinch in me.  I try to keep it hidden.  It came out pretty strong the next day when Carter and Samantha stripped the tree of all the ornaments and left them in a pile under the tree.  Not my finest moment. 

I thought with a fake tree we wouldn’t have to worry about strange creatures coming into the house in it, but apparently one little monster got in:

DSC_0077DSC_0075And a little stinkbug too.  DSC_0087DSC_0088

1 comments:

Michelle Forster said...

Pretty sure I want to kidnap your children! Especially Ben. I can't get over how cute that kid is!